Logitech C930e Overview:
Logitech has long been associated with high quality webcams, and the company’s C930e 1080p Webcam is no exception to this. Logitech has upgraded its offer with this camera, using the latest encoding technology available to offer 1080p high quality video streaming over the internet. Here’s a few things you need to know about this webcam.
Key Features of The Logitech C930e 1080p Webcam:
Logitech C930e 1080p Webcam is easy to set up, with no need to download neither codecs nor firmware; you can just plug it into either a PC or Mac system computer and it is ready to use. It works great with business apps streaming at 30 frames per second, and it is also compatible with other web video chat services such as Google Hangouts or Skype. The C930e webcam has portable measures at 3.7 by 1.7 inches size and a weight of 5.7 ounces. It has an original mount, allowing you to easily attach it to several surfaces like monitors or laptop lids. Plus, it also allows you to embed it to a small tripod if you wish.
C930e has a Carl Zeiss glass lens, which combined with the fluid HD image quality streaming results in vivid colors and sharp details in your image. That being said, this camera has no optical zoom, but it does have a 4x digital zoom and a 90 degree angle view. This lets you maximize the usage of background space, either for using C930e webcam at a conference room or to accurately show a power point presentation. Also, it has Stereo built-in microphones on each side of the lens, giving you a smooth audio recording as well.
What People are Saying:
The camera has very good reviews from people that work with both PC and Mac operating systems, since they can easily switch from one to the other with this compatible webcam. Also, many reviewers found the fact that the webcam can be used straight out of the box without needing to download anything very convenient.
Some users also thought that the difference in quality between C930e and their previous webcams or the internal built-in cameras in some laptops to be significant. They preferred Logitech’s webcam since it allowed less blurriness in the image, reduced lens flare and allowed in sync high quality image streaming with good quality audio.
A common complaint about this webcam is the fact that once turned on there is a light that you cannot put off, making choosing privacy settings impossible with this camera. However, most users found a way around this by either putting electrical tape on the lights, or simply placing the camera in a non-distractive position which was easily achieved thanks to the webcam’s mount.
If you are looking for a business-class webcam, that is easily set up and used while delivering high quality video streaming and audio, then this might be the right webcam for you.
- Business grade HD video webcam: Full 1080p HD video at 30 frames per second for high quality video conferences on PC or Mac
- Widest field of view: 90-degree extended view plus pan, tilt and 4X digital zoom; perfect for whiteboard presentations and product demos
- UVC H.264 encoding: Frees up system bandwidth and delivers a smoother video stream by putting video processing in the camera
- Plug-and-play compatibility: Certified for Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype; compatible with most UC and web conferencing applications
- This business product comes in brown box and does not ship with retail software (e.g. the Logitech Webcam Software found in the retail product, for example in Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920)